Sep 5, 2018

Sunny Days Filled With Sunflowers


Watercolor by Deb Saine

By  DEB SAINE

Sept. 5, 2018
im2insaine@mac.com



Among the dream subjects I've wanted to photograph over the years, the top two had been hot air balloons and sunflowers. 

The photographs in this slide show were taken a couple of years ago near my hometown of Peru, IN. It was July of 2015, I believe, when a friend posted a couple of shots on Facebook that she'd taken in a local field of sunflowers that had grown in instead of the usual crops of either soybeans or corn. 

I messaged her as soon as I saw her post to find out exactly where she'd taken her photos. As soon as she gave me two locations, I grabbed my two digital 35 mm cameras and headed for my SUV. The trip to Peru took about 20 minutes.

As soon as I saw the first field, I was ecstatic. I think I spent at least an hour wandering that field and snapping away before going to take more photographs at the second field. I can't tell you how thrilled I was after I got home and uploaded all the shots. Among the many upsides of having digital cameras the number of photographs I can take without worrying about what shots turned out and how much film I may have wasted.

You can see for yourself what the outcome of my photo op with one of Mother Nature's greatest gifts:








No comments:

Post a Comment