Sep 6, 2018

Up, Up And Away For My Beautiful Friend Joan


My friend Joan Brugh (r) took that photo of me (l) ages ago prior
to the only ride I've taken in a hot air balloon.

By DEB SAINE

Sept. 6, 2018

im2insaine@mac.com



Man (or woman) makes plans and the gods laugh, right?

Well, the plan for this post had been to tell you the story about my friendship with Joan Brugh. She died at the age of 44 in March 1991. The cause? A recurrence of breast cancer. She was an amazing person and we had shared a love of hot air balloons, racquetball and laughter.

But right now, I'm exhausted. It's been a particularly long day, I've got a headache and I just don't have it in me emotionally to write that story. So for now, I'm going to share the slideshow I'd already pieced together and dedicate it to the memory of a true friend who continues to be missed all these years later.

I'll save our story for another day ... unless, of course, the gods once again have other plans ... 







No comments:

Post a Comment